BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 8, 2010

Week 12 - E-Books Part 2

We continued with the E-books this week. Pn. Foziah shared with us some of the e-books her previous students have made. I think she did this so that we could have a clearer picture of how to go about it. I have to admit too that I understood the concept of an e-book more after looking through the examples.

I've said it before but I must stress that creating an e-book is not at all complicating or difficult. It is actually a fun process. :)

Pn. Foziah also reminded us that our e-books had to have:
• a theme
• a Setting (Time and Place)
• a plot that shows the conflict, climax and resolution
• characterization
• navigational tools to make sure the previous and the next slides can easily be opened
• Pictures must be clear cut and appealing to the young learners
• Sounds to accompany the E-Book reading and also a moral value.

Pn. Foziah then made her way around the class to check on the progress of our e-books. After consulting her, I had to do some changes to our e-book. I had to insert the names of each animal under the pictures and take care of my tenses in the e-book. Besides that, I had to write sentences out from the mind map used in the e-book so that the pupils could have a concrete view of how the sentences were made from the mind map.

All in all, my e-book was usable in the classroom.

Thank You Pn. Foziah for helping my partner and I in creating a better e-book.













Pn.Foziah later told us that in pairs, we are to create a video with the video editing skills learned in Module 4. Again, we were given some criteria when creating this video (theme, setting, etc).

My pair (Maher) and I decided that we would go for the theme 'Nature' and create a video on Deforestation. We also decided that we are to use pictures depicting deforestation, its causes and consequences.

Cheerios~

0 comments: