BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Week 10 - Audio Editing Madness!

We focused on completing the 3 tasks given to us for Module 3 - Audio Editing. Pn. Foziah went around the class to listen to everyone's audio files and gave comments on it.

First Task:
We had to create a ring tone from a song. I chose the song 'I Know You Want Me' by Pitbull. I liked the beginning of the song and that was the ring tome I created.
Pn. Foziah's comment: The chorus of a song is usually the best for creating a ring tone. This is because the chorus usually is the part of the song where the beat is more catchy and most people remember the chorus of the song better than the beginning.

I understood where she was coming from so I created a new ring tone based on the chorus of the song.

Second Task:
We had to merge two songs into one. Now, I thought that this was going to be tough but I think the tutorials on 'Audacity' helped me out a little. The songs I merged together were Rihanna's 'Umbrella' and Charlotte Church's 'Crazy Chick'.
Pn. Foziah's comments: The merging of the song is alright but I needed to ensure that the fading in and out as the file moves to the second song is smooth so as to not disrupt the flow of the song. My audio file was choppy as it transitioned into the second song

Third Task:
We were given the song 'Dua Insan' by Siti Nurhaliza and M. Nasir. Using 'Audacity', we had to remove all the background noises and clapping sounds to produce an audio file that only had the song.
Pn. Foziah's comments: This song was very choppy as I did not use the 'Fade In' and 'Fade Out' options so the song started and ended abruptly.

I thank Pn. Foziah for commenting on my work as she helped me ensure that I did the best I could for the task.

On a last note, we had to hand in our Module 3 at the end of the class together with our edited tasks.

Cheerios~

0 comments: