BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week 2 - How I wish more classes were like this

So this week's class was quite fun actually. I (being the technology klutz that I sometimes am), learnt some useful things today.

First of all, Mdm Foziah talked to us about something called 'Touch Typing'.
Soliloquy: What the heck is that?
Seems that it's a skill that you learn that helps you to type much, MUCH faster!! Besides saving lots of time, people who have mastered this do not have to keep looking on the keyboard to find the letters they want to type. It's as though you're thinking the words onto the screen! Fuh!
The general rule is that your left index finger had to be on the letter 'F' and your right index finger on the letter 'G'. In this position only are your hands in the correct position for typing and your fingers able to reach every button on the keyboard.

You can check out these websites to know more and practice your touch typing :-)
http://www.sense-lang.org/typing/
http://10-fast-fingers.com

This is my result. Not bad for a first timer eh?
46 words

Typing Test
That's One new thing I learnt today. And believe me, the more you do the test, the more practice you get, thus the faster you type.

Next, we were given the liberty to create and decorate our own blog (which, if you remember, Mdm Foziah asked us to do last week).
Since I already have a blog, I already knew the basics like how to start and decorate my blog. I had fun searching for new templates and beautiful themes. In the end, I thought the one I have now looks the best. But don't be shocked to see it totally different because I have the tendency to do that. I call it redecorating. !
An expert as I am, there are still certain elements that I need to master to make my blog perfect.

All good things come to an end. Mdm Foziah had a good way of snapping us out of our reverie. By telling us about our first assignment (double GASP!) I would like to tell you EXACTLY what it is but I seem to have misplaced the file somewhere.I know that it has something to do with collecting teaching aids and materials. Oh no, this is not me procrastinating or forgetting about the assignment. You'll see it up here soon enough.

Cheerios~

0 comments: